Academic Skills Assistants
- Closing Date No Closing Date
- Status Part Time/Term Time Only/Permanent
- Working Hours 3 x 30 hours per week 1 x 24.5 hours per week 1 x 18.5 hours per week
Calderdale College is looking to recruit a number of committed Academic Skills Assistants. Working closely with learners and tutors you will be developing the learners’ literacy and numeracy skills to help them achieve their course aims.
You will be joining an outstanding department and must be committed to learner development. Experience of working in a post 16 education is desirable but not essential. Committed to your own development, you must be educated to at least level 2 (GCSE or O level) in English and Maths and willing to undertake further training as directed.
Success profile: The following points set out the competency profile of the ‘ideal’ candidate for this role. Applicants are not required to have all elements.
- Experience of supporting learning in a post 16 environment
- Ability to be able to communicate effectively with a range of adults and young people
- Knowledge of school/educational provision
- Effective personal and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate relevant IT skills
As an equal opportunities employer we will ensure that you will be offered an interview should you declare a disability and meet the minimum criteria.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects its staff to share this commitment. Employment at the College is subject to an Enhanced DBS check. If the post falls under the definition of regulated activity it will also be subject to an additional barred list check.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button below or contact Human Resources on [email protected]
“Excellence in skills training for students and employers”