ASD Pastoral Officer
- Closing Date No Closing Date
- Status Part Time/Permanent
- Working Hours 30 hours per week, 38 weeks per year (Term Time Only)
Calderdale College is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed individual to work with our learners with ASD to progress and gain skills that lead to increased positive outcomes. You will be expected to support on a one to one/small group basis with a view to encouraging learners to work with more independence in different group settings whilst in college.
Experience / Skills:
- Experience of supporting learning in a post 16 environment
- Experience of providing administrative support for an education establishment.
- Experience of working in a classroom environment
- Experience of working with students with ASD
You will be joining an outstanding department and must be committed to learner development as well as your own development. You must be educated to at least level 2 (GCSE or O level) in English and Maths and willing to undertake further training as directed.
Calderdale College is committed to the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button below or contact Human Resources, Calderdale College, Francis Street, Halifax, HX1 3UZ on 01422 399311 or email [email protected]
‘Excellence in skills training for students & employers’