Trainer/Assessor – Electrical
- Closing Date 15th October 2023
- Status Full Time/Permanent
- Working Hours 37 hours per week
About Calderdale College
Calderdale College is the best college in West Yorkshire for student results and aims to be the hub of lifelong learning, offering individuals of all ages and backgrounds the opportunity to continually learn, grow and evolve throughout their lives.
Set in the heart of Halifax, we welcome around 5,000 students each year, annually work with over 500 employers and employ approximately 500 colleagues. We have been shaping the futures of students for 130 years, and have ambitious plans for the future.
Calderdale is an attractive place to work, close to areas of outstanding natural beauty that encompass thriving and diverse communities, with superb transport links and amenities on our doorstep.
Your role at Calderdale College
The Engineering Centre (TEC) team based in Brighouse, has an exciting opportunity to join Calderdale College as a Trainer/Assessor for the Electrical provision.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and committed individual to join our outstanding Electrical team to deliver learning and assess students on our Study Programmes and Apprenticeships. The successful candidate will be adaptable and learner focused with a proven track record of delivering outstanding learning and attaining high achievement rates.
This role requires someone who is a dynamic, innovative and creative individual with the ability to influence and motivate students and the determination to achieve success in all aspects of the role.
- Have a track record of delivering high quality and engaging learning
- Enjoy sharing industry knowledge and experience to enable learners to achieve
- Aim to not only meet targets, but exceed them
- Have an eye for detail and creative flair
- Strive to be the best at what you do and have a passion for delivering the very best for your organisation
- Thrive on a challenge and have a desire to problem-solve
- Take a confident, yet friendly approach and have pride in the work you do
What can you expect?
- To work for an organisation that is on a mission to engage people, invest in skills and transform lives
- To join a team that is supportive, welcoming and celebrates success
- A varied workload that will keep you motivated
- To develop and perfect your skills through further learning and peer support
- A competitive salary
- A fantastic holiday allowance and pension scheme
Calderdale College is committed to the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
When we shortlist potential candidates, we will inform those who have been shortlisted that online search maybe conducted as part of the due diligence checks. The college will ensure to communicate the lawful basis on which this personal information will be collected.
To apply, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below or contact Human Resources on 01422 399311 or email [email protected]
“Engage People, Invest in Skills, Transform Lives”